Saturday 21 April 2012

More skincare

Boots seem to have endless 3 for 2 offers throughout the year and I always find it difficult to resist the urge to splurge.

Last month I decided to foray into Sanctuary spa products again.
Their products are quite expensive, somewhere between drugstore and high end prices, but for promising "spa" results around £10 a product isn't too bad.

I have very problematic oily skin and often find mattifying cream to be too drying and harsh on my sensitive skin. The Sanctuary Matte Hydra Lotion was fine for mattifying skin but not very good as a base under makeup so I won't be repurchasing that.

The Exfoliating Pore Refiner hasn't really shrunk any pores though it feels good to scrub away dead skin with it twice a week. I don't think it's worth £10 for me, though, so won't be repurchasing that.

Haven't tried the Detox Mask yet but will get on that as soon as my Lush mask is finished.

I also tried "luxuriant bathing" items for the first time. i don't mind spending £30 on my face every morning but I'm reluctant to spend more than a couple of quid on body products, but I've been getting dry skin lately so decided to give No7, Burts Bees and Champneys shower gels a try.



All three were priced around £10 so I paid £20 for all three with the offer. I like all three but the No7 Luxurious Foaming Shower Oil is the only one I can see myself repurchasing as it was the most moisturising. I found it had the look and moisturising qualities of oil but the texture and lather of a shower gel so thumbs up all round for No7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...