Wednesday 26 October 2011

Second trip to Westfield

The two Sleek Pout Paints don't really count as they were gifts from my friend (so now I have a collection of 6 ^_^). Everything else I purchased on my second trip to the Stratford Westfield which I didn't enjoy as much as I expected to (due to the still immense crowds). Still I bought lots on my list!

I bought three L'Occitane Rice Matte Fluid moisturisers as they are my favourite moisturisers of all time and I wanted to stock up. There isn't much product in one batch (only enough to last me two months, max) and I had 20% off so I decided to splash out. At full price they are around £21 which I think is costly but since it has worked so well for me I think it's worth it.

Origins Checks and Balances facewash is for combo skin which is what I currently have (I'm more oily in summer and on the sensitive/dry side in the winter) but this is ideal for autumn. It's £17 which is another rather expensive item but it does last ages and clears out my blackheads pretty well which no other face wash has ever done for me.

I also finally picked up some Kiko makeup Milano products. Last time I mentioned going into the store and the sales assistants being super snobby. They were a little better this time though still not the best sales people (lady behind counter wanted me to buy some skincare and told me she'd give me LOADS of samples but in the end popped in two tiny sachets into my bag! Haha, I'm sure I'd get all of ONE use of that product!)

Anyway I'm not going to go into too much detail about these products. I've heard that they are popular in Italy and I expected them to be Inglot quality but they aren't. I'm guessing they are drugstore to mid end quality in Europe but marketed as high end here but I wouldn't say they are all that great. I will get use out of the shadows as I do with all the products I buy but they just didn't wow me. Perhaps I have been spoilt by good quality, highly pigmented shadows from Inglot and Urban Decay.

A quad in shade 01 (Unexpected Rosy Taupe). Nice packaging.
4 nice looking pinky taupe shades. The palette is sturdy and comes with a good sized mirror.
Shades close up without flash.
shades with flash. This image is a mirror image to the one above so shades are on opposite side.
In the palette the colours look lovely but the pigmentation is just average to good and the glitter is gritty and does not go on evenly. :(

This is the single shadow I bought (with flash)
without flash
The single shadow is okay but again, nothing special.

So, one quad and one single later I don't think Kiko has impressed me enough for me to go back and have a look at their other offerings.

So skincare wise a good haul, makeup wise sadly lacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...