Tuesday 16 August 2011

What feels like my 50th haul

Stuff, stuff and more stuff. Why does Superdrugs always have 3for2 deals going? They never let up!
Had to get some more dr. Organic stuff since I have been loving their mud mask.
Tea Tree face wash which is specifically for blemished skin (which I have). I've used this a couple of times so far and it's okay, not drying or greasy. Will have to use a few more weeks to see whether or not this would replace the Botanics and Liz Earle stuff I usually use.
Good ol' Simple moisturiser. This is the one I always go back to using if I have reactions from other moisturisers. I keep trying out others as I have an uneven skin tone and I haven't found any moisturisers that help with that including Simple, so I tend to keep trying others in search of one that will even skin tone. So it's not my PERFECT moisturiser but Simple moisturisers always help with hydration and preventing flakiness, so it's definitely the best I've used. It's also a bargain price - was £1.91 this week!
I tend to use the light hydrating one in the summer and the rich replenishing one in the winter when my skin is drier.

They've changed the cap so that's it's no longer screw top which is good.
And despite telling myself I wouldn't buy any more makeup...
Well it was 3 for 2 on Collection 2000. I got another Lasting Perfection concealer because my old one is nearly finished. The Big Fake false lash effect mascara has been raved about quite a bit so I figured it was time I tried it out. I also picked up their Collagen Curl mascara just to tally up 3 items. I still have 3 open mascaras to finish (Maxfactor False Lash Effect which is my favourite so far, a Chanel sample and Rimmel Lash Accelerator) as well as a Clarins sample so I won't be using the Collection 2000 ones just yet. But I figured it's better to pick them up now while they are on offer rather than wait till I have to throw my current ones out (which I'll have to soon for the Maxfactor and Chanel ones).
I think they've changed the number and name system since they used to have only 3 shades in the concealer before and 2 was "Medium". 2 is now "Light" which was a little confusing for me as I'm of medium skin tone but I picked up "Light" anyway.
GOSH also had a 3 for 2 deal and I usually just pass those up since I still find their products a little overpriced for a drugstore brand. I don't know why I was compelled to try their liquid liners. They looked interesting enough but silly me didn't bother trying any testers since I was in a rush and just picked up 3 shades. I figured they'd be pen-type liners but they're not. Actually, there is hardly much product in them at all (1.8ml) and as you can see from the image above, it doesn't need to be such an oversized product.
I got three shades and was disappointed with all of them as they weren't as opaque as I would have liked them to be. They weren't watery in consistency exactly, but definitely thinner than most liquid liners.
With the flash here you can see that they all have shimmers too (the turquoise shade has the most). I'm not fussed about the shimmer either way but I wouldn't repurchase these because I prefer more opaque colour.

I shoved the GOSH liners into my liner pot which houses everything from bases to pencil to glitter to liquid liners.
And then I set everything out to see what I have.
Yup, I don't think I'll be buying any more liners anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...