- You look through your makeup draws every morning and never know what look to do (the choice is endless!)
- You have a dozen foundations for each and every occasion (consider: do you want light coverage, medium coverage, the dewy look, the matte look, etc.)
- You own blushes and bronzers in colours that don't even suit you
- Ditto for eyeshadow
- You have eyeliners in all the colours of the rainbow and in every finish and type (matte, shimmer, glitter; liquid, pencil etc.)
- You have to double or triple stack your eyeshadows into your draws
- Your have makeup brushes in brush holders, on your desk, scattered over your table...
- You begin to make a list of every single makeup item you own and fall asleep 20 products in, knowing you will never finish this list...
Anyway, my point is I have too much stuff. I've given some makeup away but I have a long way to go before my collection is down to just stuff I actually use. Apart from palettes (did a storage post here) I have a whole bunch of trios and single shadows double stacked in ikea drawers:
I know some people like owning every single eyeshadow ever made but recently I've felt guilty looking at my makeup because so much hardly gets used. Thus I'm on a mission to give away all my new stuff and use up all the old before doing any heavy duty hauling. In a recent post I mentioned giveandmakeup.com which is a good place to send your new makeup that you know you'll never use. This is what the site claims they do:
Give and Makeup is a non-profit initiative whose sole purpose is to get everyday essentials into the hands of these women and children who need them the most.
Pretty good place to send your makeup right? It beats leaving it to fester in your drawers until it reaches its expiry date anyway.
On a random note, British weather has been all over the place recently.