Saturday 26 March 2011

How I reduce blackheads

I've got a super greasy t-zone so blackheads seem to be perpetually present on my skin. Since the age of around 13 I've had hideous blackheads on my nose and the older I got the greasier my skin became and the more prone I was to getting blackheads. I used to over dry my skin and that seemed to reduce the blackheads for a while but then it used to also dry out my nose and make my skin peel. Yeah, very gross I know.

Anywho, I still have blackheads but they have been reduced somewhat by a few products.



Firstly I've used The Body Shop Seaweed Pore Perfector. This is now £10 for 15ml (it was cheaper when I purchased it, they keep putting the price up) which screams to me - EXPENSIVE! Buuuut I will say you only need to use a tiny amount and it lasts a super long time. I've had mine for a year now, and I assume now's about the time I should throw it out and get a new one but it still looks and smells exactly the same as it did the day I bought it. I think I'll chance it a little while longer. This has reduced the size of my pores and there's been a visible change in the size of my blackheads. It took some time to get working (like at least a month) but it has made a difference. My blackheads are still there - this isn't a miracle product that makes them vanish. But it has reduced them.




Secondly, this mask has made a difference (see my mud mask post below). I only use it once a fortnight but straight after I've used it I notice a significant change. The day after use my skin always looks so refined. This mask thoroughly cleanses my skin and gets rid of any oils and dirt. The effects don't last the whole two weeks though :( I wish there was some product like this I could use everyday 'cause then I'd NEVER get blackheads. Nevertheless this mask has made a difference to the overall appearance of my skin and I'd recommend to everyone.

The last thing I do is steam my face. I don't use a steamer, I simply fill up a bowl with boiling water and place a towel over my head. After steaming I usually use a cleanser and then toner to close up the pores.

Occasionally when my blackheads are looking really awful I use nose strips. I haven't had to use any for a while but when I do need the extra grime extracting help I use Superdrug Tea Tree Nose strips. They don't get rid of all the blackheads but they help with a lot of them. These are around £3 a pack (I think) but there are often promotions so they may be even cheaper than that depending on when you buy them.

There's nothing else I do specifically to reduce blackheads, but the Xtend-life mask has helped the most I think. Products from that company are a bit pricey but once I've saved up a bit more I'm definitely thinking of trying out their other products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...