Saturday 26 March 2011

Exfoliators and Face Scrubs I've tried

Personally, i'm not the biggest fan of facial scrubs. I always feel like they are too harsh on my sensitive skin; whilst using scrubs I feel like my skin is getting sandpapered and afterwards it even looks like it - my skin always looks red and uneven. Currently there is only one exfoliator I use but it's after I've used a string of bad ones. So here is the list of all I've tried.


1. St Ives Apricot Scrub. I think they have different formulas for different skin types. I'm sure I've tried them all. Too scratchy for me.







2. St Ives Olive Scrub. I fared better with this one. It's a lot more oily and soft in texture and a lot less drying since it's made for dry skin. I can only use this on bitterly cold winter days when my skin peels off from the cold. For the rest of the year it doesn't do much for my greasy t-zone and combo skin. I'd recommend to people with dry skin though.

3. Simple Blackhead Eliminating Face Scrub. Although I like Simple moisturisers and wipes I'm not a fan of their scrubs. I got this last summer when it was on promotion for a ridiculously low price of £2 or suchlike. I had spots then so I figured the Spotless skin range would suit me. This was too scratchy for me so I stuck to using it only on my nose but I can't say it did much for my blackheads.

4. The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion scrub. I so badly wanted to like this because I'd heard so many good things about it. But I couldn't. When using this product it felt like it was burning on my skin. Didn't leave me looking radiant after use either. I also heard Microdermabrasion isn't for everyone (apparently Asian skin can need gentler treatments) and since this product is pretty strong it's not for me.


5. Origins Modern Friction Nature's Gentle Dermabrasion. I got a sample of this product free after buying an Origins moisturiser. I knew I wouldn't like this since I didn't like The Body Shop Microdermabrasion scrub but I still gave it a go. It's definitely a lot gentler than all the other scrubs I've mentioned and I would recommend this to others. I used this only on my t-zone because I still found it too harsh for my cheeks (but then nearly everything is too harsh for my cheeks so I don't blame this product!).

Finally, my favourite exfoliator: Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator

This is £12.50 for a 70ml pump from the Liz Earle website but there are loads of these selling on ebay for a much cheaper price. Funnily enough it says this isn't suitable for sensitive skin which I definitely have but I can use this product perfectly fine! It still has a slight scratchy quality from these mini beads in the product but it's not the same "sandpapered" feeling you can get from other scrubs. I don't get any reaction from this at all and I like using this once a fortnight (I alternate between using this product and the Xtendlife mask every other Sunday). Leaves my skin feeling soft and supple. Now that I have tried this I can't imagine using any other exfoliator or scrub again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...