I've kept a book log on and off from the age of 10 onwards, so for more than half of my life I've been drawing charts into plain notebooks to have them recorded in a set format.
Here's an example page from 2006, when I was around 16. April to June was exam season so I didn't read as many books as I usually did:
I'm glad I now use the Peter Pauper Press version as everything is already done for me, which saves a lot of time and effort.
Here's Amazon's description list:
- My Book Log: Pages Turned
- Books I'd Like to Read: My Reading Wish List
- My Books: Books Bought, Borrowed, Lent, and Given
- Book Group Info: Friends and Fellow Readers
- Acclaimed Authors and Books: Inspiration for Future Reading
- My Reading Life
- 216 pages
Here are a few example pages of things I've written about books I've read in the last year. Some of it is quite embarrassing on re-read with the slang and whatnot but you know, I just wrote what I felt like at the time.
This Book Lover's Journal would make the ultimate record book for the avid reader.