Wednesday 30 November 2011

Another November Favourite

The kindle.
I didn't think I would like it. In fact I was determined to hate it. And in a way I sort of do. As a kid I remember watching Beauty and the Beast and loving that scene where he shows her the library - and I remember feeling determined to grow up and be rich enough to convert a room in my future home into a library. I love the look of books and the feel of turning pages as you read. The Kindle has a completely different feel and that's the reason I was sure I would never buy one. But as it turns out I couldn't stand carrying big fat books with me to work everyday (I read on the bus journey). The sole reason I got the Kindle was because it's so lightweight and thin. I didn't expect to like it. But I do.
Kindle covers are quite pricey so I went for a cheap and cheerful purple pleather case - a few quid off ebay :)
The Kindle itself costs £89 which is by no means cheap. But it saves you money in the long run if you're a regular book buyer like me since kindle books are more affordable than print books. Since I got the Kindle about a month ago I haven't paid for any novels since there are so many that are free - like one of my favourites of all time: Pride and Prejudice.
I guess now there is no need for me to save up for that library I wanted in my future house since the Kindle can contain a library in itself. I still prefer printed books for reading at home but for on the go the Kindle is super useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...