Monday 11 July 2011

Another haul


After one of the most stressful weeks at work EVER last week I was unable to go on a planned Oxford Street trip last weekend (sorry Sara!). I had a whole list of products that I was intent on buying that I had to promptly forget about (at least until the next trek down to Oxford Street). So today, to make myself feel better, I splurged at Superdrugs. Do I feel better now? Yes and no. Yes because I finally purchased some more MUA Pro goodies. No because everything else was an impulse buy. Gah!

I picked up a FAMOUS trio the other day and wasn't blown away by it. But they had a 3 for 2 sale so I decided to give the brand another go, especially after swatching a few shadows and liking them. So this time I bought a quad (love!) and the total face kit which also has shades I really like (for eyeshadow, blush and lipcolours).


I also picked up two MUA Pro palettes and three trios.

These were a little disappointing overall and now I wish I hadn't gone crazy and bought all 3 that were on the shelves. I think I was just so glad to see the restocked shelves that I thought I'd try everything in case it became sold out later. 

The other products I wanted to try: 
  • Simple eye roll on (for those disgusting dark circles I have, priced somewhere around £5 which is rather expensive for Simple, but they are going upmarket now, some of their day creams are even over £8 which is surprising to me since I always buy their £3 moisturisers).
  • Witch Blemish Stick (£2.71. Purchased this coz I wanted to try a new spot treatment after throwing away my old Skin Doctors one, let's hope this one is more successful).
  • Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit range (2 for £5. I actually wanted the Neutorgena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Facial Cleanser but they didn't have it in store. Pink Grapefruit was the closest).
  • Finally lots of Olay moisturisers to give as gifts to my old uncle (who I'm trying to persuade to join the anti-ageing crean bandwagon).

Reviews on the MUA and FAMOUS palettes will appear soon. I'll wear them for a full day to test their lasting power before writing up detailed posts. 

Now I'm going to make a promise to myself - no more hauls till the end of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...