Sunday 3 April 2011

Book Haul Number 1



I am far too old to be reading books like "Anne of Green Gables" but I never did get round to reading it in my youth and I love those girly feel good novels like "What Katy Did" and "Little Women" so I thought I'd make space on my overflowing book shelf for one more kid's classic.

I also finally got round to buying Vikram Seth's "A Suitable Boy". This novel was in my shopping basket on amazon for a year but i kept putting off buying it till it went on sale. It never did get reduced in price so I just splashed out. It's one hefty novel - I had heard about it's magnitude but I never imagined it would be so epic even just to look at. It's 1504 pages long and will take me a solid few months to trek through (I read two or three books at once, I know I won't finish this in one sitting). I'm really looking forward to it.

I love Tim Burton films and "A Corpse Bride" was only £2.99 on amazon (bargain price btw) so it's another DVD to add to my collection. I'll admit it's not my favourite Tim Burton and it was a little slow moving and predictable for me but it's still an OK rainy day watch and I know my younger cousins will love it.

Finally an Audrey Hepburn collection. I think that deserves a separate post by itself. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...